August 8, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Adam McKinney!

If you remember from our wedding, my beautiful friend Jenn served as my maid of honor. What a precious friend she has been to me over the years! Jenn and I met our Junior year in high school when I moved to Travelers Rest. She gladly took me as a friend with one simple question, "can I call you Val?" From then on, she called me Val and we were friends. It's really that simple. We had a our not so fun moments as most good friends do. I have a little magnet on my fridge to remind me of this (Jenn gave to me) -- "Friendship is when people know all about you but like you anyway."

helping me get ready
beautiful friend
silly in the photobooth
We have had the joy (and not so much joy) in watching each other grow and mature into the women we are today. We have held hands during the long, treacherous journey of growing up, even when we were miles apart. Even when we hadn't talking for months at a time, we were always able to pick right back up where we left off.

On July 28th, my sweet friend married a very respectable man, and I could not be happier for the both of them!

I had the pleasure of hosting the bridesmaids at our house for Jenn's bachelorette weekend at the end of May. We all took part and pitched in on the fun festivities to love on her and celebrate the new upcoming season of her life. We all met for dinner at The Nose Dive in downtown Greenville. What a fun little restaurant! We stayed up late giggling and being girls. Saturday we had lunch at Panera. That evening we all came together again for a little lingerie shower.

Lingerie Shower Invites
She's Tossing the Cotton and Making Room for the Lace! ;)
Bachelorette Inserts for the Invitations
Jenn's Bridemaids {L to R: Taylor [moh and jenn's sister], Sarah Beth [adam's sister], Anna M. [adam's sister], Jenn, Anna R., Megan, Me}

cookie decorating with all the girls


panty cookies ;)
The Roger Ladies {Suzanne, Jenn, Taylor}
Thank you Anna for bringing the fresh strawberries! YUM
party favors
 
Jenn and Adam tied the knot the end of July. Jenn's dad officiated the wedding. He had the whole audience in tears as he expressed his love as Jenn's father and how he was so happy to give Jenn over to Adam as his wife. What a beautiful pair as they exchanged vows in front of a community of loved ones. The wedding was held at Jenn's church, Pelham First Baptist in Greer. The reception was in the Family Life Center of the church. Really great reception and party to celebrate Adam and Jenn!
cutting the cake!
me w/ the beautiful bride!
I cannot wait to continue to be a part of Jenn's life as she learns what it means to be wife {and as I continue to learn what it means to be a wife}. We will continue to push each other and hold hands, even though we'll be miles a part. I love you sweet friend!

No comments: