October 21, 2011

Promises and Proposals

Well, I figured I needed to follow through with my promises at the beginning of this whole blog and post about the wedding and such. Let the blogging begin!

The Proposal!



Jon proposed on September 10, 2010 right outside of the Wyche Pavilion in downtown Greenville. {He would have proposed in the pavilion, but there was a wedding reception taking place}. He chose there because it was one of my absolute favorite buildings. Jon had taken pictures around Greenville at significant places in our relationship.

"Will" was taken inside of Starbucks at the table where we had our first date. He even ordered a caramel apple spice {the drink I had that night} and had my name put on it for the picture.

"You" was taken at Lake Robinson, where we first held hands.

"Marry" was taken at our church, Radius.

"Me?" was taken at "our spot" by the Falls downtown.

He conveniently had the pictures on his camera and asked me to look through the pictures from that night {we walked around the park after dinner and took pictures}. I got to the pictures and looked over, Jon was on one knee! Incase you were wondering, I said "yes."

Jon was also video taping this on my camera! {clever, isn't he?}

Here's a link to the video on FaceBook. {I have it saved on my external hard drive, so I'll have to get it off there another time in order to post it on the blog}.

https://www.facebook.com/video/?id=110501718

----

The story was told a little differently on our wedding website:

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/JonHarris&ValerieMiller




No comments: