October 14, 2011

Joyce Lea Spooner 1932 - 2011


Nana, Valerie's grandmother, passed away on Tuesday, October 4 at 6:35 am.  Nana had been battling cancer.  She just celebrated her 79th birthday back in September with the majority of her family.


Nana was my girlfriend when Val was not around.  I'll miss when she'd stick out her tongue at me, do the crazy motion (you know, how you point at someone and do circles around your ear ), and her cute little chuckle after she did something silly.  Some things just won't be the same without Nana.  Let me tell you, crossword puzzle companies may go out of business.

She leaves a legacy through the family (seen above) that she is to blame for.

In just about an hour Valerie and I are leaving for Albany, Ga. to be with family and celebrate Nana.
We certainly miss her.


No comments: