June 11, 2012

A Month Full of Surprises.

March was a very eventful month for us. This year, my {Val} birthday took up 2 full weeks of March. I was certainly a lucky girl spoiled rotten by SO many wonderful people in my life.

Initially, March 10 was going to be a pretty low key Saturday. Jon was scheduled to work, and we had planned on going to eat dinner at my parents that evening. Nothing too special or big, just a day spent with 3 important people in my life. Well, Mom called the week before and said she wanted to treat me to lunch on Friday. Over lunch, she said, "I have bad news..." "okay, what's up?" "Dad and I won't be able to have you guys over for dinner tomorrow night" "oh, okay. We can do another time." "BUT we are actually kidnapping you guys to Myrtle Beach for the weekend" "wha??"

I was a little in shock.

The surprises kept coming as I found out why they chose Myrtle Beach.

They took me horseback riding on the beach!! What a fun adventure to have under my belt of things I've done in my lifetime.

 
 
 
 
Dad feeding the Seagulls on the beach!

Jon told me that he would like to spend the following Saturday celebrating my birthday just us. We walked around downtown Greer that morning and took some fun pictures. It was a great time relaxing and enjoying each others company. Jon took me to dinner at the Trappe Door in Downtown Greenville. It was absolutely delicious. Our friend Megan called saying that she had a gift for me and wanted to drop it off at our house while they were out running errands. Jon suggested that we go over to their place to pick it up on our way to have dessert somewhere on Augusta Road. We walked into their lovely home full of such wonderful friends waiting to yell "Surprise!". Needless to say, I was shocked. I had NO idea that was coming. Jon rarely pulls off something like that where I don't have the slightest idea that he's got something hiding up his sleeve.

waiting to yell surprise!
i love these children
completely surprised!
ice cream sandwiches!


Birthday number 24 was certainly one I will never forget! :)

No comments: