August 11, 2012

Jon turns 25!

I would say Jon's birthday was quite a success. If you read about all of things he did {or took part in} for my birthday, you would know that I had a lot cut out for me to make 25 a special one. I also had to be just as sneaky.

On Tuesday {Jon's birthday was on a Wednesday}, I met my parents at Lowe's on my lunch break. I bought Jon a grill!! This is the benefit of still having a credit card in my name. Jon works at the bank, so he's always checking our account and keeps an eye on the checkbook. It's hard to buy anything without him knowing. My parents brought the truck and off we went to it's new home, on our back porch! That evening, we had plans to go to dinner with my parents at Outback. {We met them at the restaurant after work, so the grill surprise would have to wait until that night! You guys! It was so hard!} When we were leaving, my mom asked if they could come over and see the new things we had done to the house. I asked Jon what he thought. He agreed... see, totally his idea! hehe. Jon decided that he wanted to go on a little evening walk. He was heading to go out the front door and I asked, "why don't we go out the back door?" Back door opens and BAM! Grill. SURPRISE!

grill on the back of the truck
mom and dad
us
birthday song!
delish!
surprise!!

On Jon's birthday, his co-workers decorated his desk and gave him LOADS of candy and treats. Good thing he shared. ;)

That night, we went for pizza at Tony's on Haywood Road. Pretty yummy pizza if you ask me. :)


The grill was christened a few days later with hot dogs and veggies. :)





No comments: