August 11, 2012

Gift's from Nana's

As you all remember, my grandmother passed away in October {view here}. My parents have been cleaning out her home in Albany, GA and are working on selling it. In June, my parents brought a view things home for us to have from Nana's. What a blessing it is have so many fun things we can used to remember her.

First we have Nana's wooden sewing container. That's a terrible word for this great piece of craftsmanship, but I really have no idea what this thing is called. Haha.

closed


open
all all of the goodies that came inside!


Next we have a wooden shelf. We are thinking that either Nana or Pop made this, but we have no idea. It was a light wood color. Jon sanded and stained it darker to match the rest of the pieces in our home.
before {still with the little screen over the hearts}
before staining
after staining
with all our things!
We also took in these fun wooden chairs. Nana had these in her ceramic workshop. Currently, we have them in the garage with the work bench that Jon got from Nana's {I don't have a picture of that, but it's pretty sweet, too}.

The last thing was Nana's sewing desk. It opens up to hold a sewing machine inside. Unfortunately, my sewing machine was too big. We painted it white and it now serves as my desk. 

No comments: